Afghan refugees interring Iran illegally
People are desperately trying to escape from Taliban rules Afghanistan. A lot of people from Herat are trying to enter in Iran illegally.
People are crossing from Nimroz province, which borders Iran.
Abdul Aziz is a resident of Faryab who came to Herat to find a human trafficker.
“I must go. If there was no need, I would never have wanted to,” he said.
There are many children among the passengers.
Some of these people are going to Pakistan and from there to Iran.
“Our business is better now than before because the people are coming from other provinces to go to Iran. Only 30 percent of them have visas and the other 70 percent is using illegal ways,” said Ferozuddin, an owner of an inn.
There are also many educated people among the passengers who became jobless after the fall of the former government.
“Our youth should have some patience to consider the situation. We understand that there are some problems but they should overcome them and not seek illegal ways to other countries,” said Naeemulhaq Haqqani, head of the provincial department of Information and Culture.
As Afghanistan struggles with a deteriorated economy, thousands of youth are seeking to leave the country in a bid to find jobs and make ends meet.